Closed Circuit Television cameras commonly known as CCTV cameras are used to transmit videos of a particular area that needs scrutinizing to recording devices like DVR or VCR connected to the TV set or monitor/s for watching the picture. These security cameras need many adjustments to install and tuning up of settings from time to time for proper monitoring of pictures. Tuning up of the CCTV cameras is mostly essential if the camera is mounted outside in environment where it exposed to elements. Here is quick way to adjust the camera focus setting on the camera lens that improves the image quality noticeably.
Steps to Make CCTV Pictures Sharper:
Before carrying out the process, get an assistance that will hold the ladder for steady and safe execution.
- Ask the assistant to position the ladder below the camera and hold it while you climb to reach the CCTV camera. Ask him or her to hold the ladder until the work is executed and you are down safely.
- Now tense the metal coupler on the end of the cable found behind the camera by turning clockwise with pliers.
- Blow the compressed air from can on the camera lens and then wipe with lens cleaning paper or lens cleaning cloth. Now set the focal length to manual mode if the CCTV camera has this feature.
- Fine-tune the focus ring found on the front edge on the CCTV camera lens in order to sharpen the image quality of the video. Let someone watch the video on CCTV monitor and inform about the image quality and inform when the image clarity and focus is at its best. Executing this process properly will not just get sharp images but also save time and labor for scaling the ladder many time for adjustments.
- Lastly, fix the iris control to automatic. Iris controls the camera shutter to house the fluctuating light conditions. If the camera has a featured called ‘backlight compensation’, set it on so that the video image snap doesn’t wash out at the time of direct light on the lens.
- Tighten loose cables to remove static (snow like) on the video.